The most common pattern that we notice nowadays is that, larger and more authoritative businesses don’t perform well in local search engines. There are actually numerous reasons behind so, but having multiple locations enhances the need for solid local SEO foundations.
Something that we all need to work on is optimization because the most common issue that we come across is lack of optimized and well performing landing pages for local businesses.
In this write-up, we will focus on the perfect landing page for a local business and what are the steps that need to be followed.
Local SEO ranking factors
Two key elements are to be considered here:
- Local SEO ranking factor
- Landing page convention
The local SEO ranking factors for landing page optimization are mentioned below. Have a look:
- Name of city or state in landing page title: ensure the page title is optimized
- Click through rate from search results: This signifies the importance of relevance and well optimized title and meta description
- Quality of inbound links
- Product keyword in landing page title
- Load time of landing page
- Geographic keyword relevance
Not all of them are relevant for your job but considering the factors will help you get better SEO signals for your landing pages.
The perfect landing page
Much of the landing page traffic comes out of the PPC industry. There is nothing like perfect layout but the right page is going to depend on what is being promoted. Here is some guidance for you:
- Ad copy and context: Using landing pages allows for super tight messaging between the ad and the page.
- Page headlines: Your page headline should display your positioning and engage users as well
- Product features: It’s important to list the specifics of the product or service; exactly what you do.
- Product Benefits: explain how the services will benefit users
- Location Map: A map detailing is a must so that customers can reach you easily
- Call to action: What you need is a strong call to action message that best suits with the services you offer.
- Your team: Put your team in the front of people
- Social proofs: Don’t forget to share testimonials and case studies
SEO and Landing Page synergy
You can easily get trapped in too narrow a perspective – whether it is SEO, PPC or any other digital marketing tactics. The motive behind this write-up was to define how lessons from one discipline can improve another. Get in touch with Vglobal for digital marketing services.