Google posts is one of the newer things that content marketers and business owners are dealing with. This is a platform that helps you create up to three posts and add them to your business’s knowledge graph results. The posts you create lasts for only 7 days. Therefore, you just need to track them and keep on posting with new one, each week.
Though some of the marketers are using them, many believe that this is not worth spending time on.
If you’re still not aware of what Google posts is all about and why you should spend your time on it, do read the blog.
When to Use Google Posts?
Google posts are beneficial for promoting fresh content, encouraging both new and existing viewers. The type of content that should be promoted through Google posts includes:
- A sales promotion
- An event
- A published content
- An official company announcement
How to Create A Google Post?
Creating a Google post is a simple and fast process. The best part of using Google My Business is you can create posts for any of the business locations.
Following the below steps will help you create a google post with ease;
- Log into your Google My Business account
- Scroll through the list of locations to the office or store that you want to post and then click to its dashboard. The dashboard is available in the drop-down list.
- When writing any post, make sure the content doesn’t exceed 300 words.
- Choose a proper image to upload. The proper size to use for the image is 750 x 750.
- Preview and publish your post.
How Google Posts can improve both organic and paid search strategy?
Local SEO is considered for being the key ingredient that makes Google confident about the posts. Google doesn’t prefer any post that slams up on every search. The search engine is trying to restrict the posts to local results. For example, if you ask Google for the best pizza in your city, you can expect a post from a pizza shop.
This signifies greater visibility for companies eager to invest time into creating posts on Google. Here are some few more added benefits to consider;
- If the google post can generate more organic clicks, your page ranking will improve.
- Posts can include links to other content on your website. This is good for traffic, as well as for SEO.
- Google posts can link directly to CTAs. You could simply link to a web form for your newsletter and help get more participation.
It is always important to convey the right message to the audience. It is not only about making the social posts colorful, it is about focusing on the message you want to deliver. To make the posts look appealing, you can include GIFs, photos, videos to encourage engagement.