The most common issue that webmasters experience nowadays is not getting the right amount of traffic. We all create websites to attract, engage and eventually convert customers. But the situation becomes worse when a website actually acts as customer-repellent, pushing visitors away.
Driving high quality traffic is not that easy as it involves loads of money and time as well. So, the last thing you would like to do is find out the mistakes that are leading to such issues. If you are not being able to do so, we are there to help you out.
Below we have prepared a list highlighting some frequent mistakes that are highly responsible for pushing your customers away from your site. Have a look:
- Slow Load Time: This is one of the most common issues that the customers experience when visiting a website. It’s really irritating to wait for a longer period of time for the pages to load. It is quite obvious that visitors will not prefer visiting your site anymore.
- Lack of fresh Content: Content plays a crucial role in determining the success of your website. Therefore, it is highly essential to make your content relevant and fresh. Updating your website on a regular basis with fresh content is one of the most amazing ways to bring back your visitors. You should always welcome your potential visitors with fresh content
- Presence of Videos That Auto-Play on Your Website: Many of you might have had the misfortune of landing on a webpage and a video just starts playing automatically. This is really annoying, especially when you are at work, looking for something important. What you should do is giving users the option to play or not play the video. This will allow them to consume the website content the way they would like to.
- Excessive ads: Multiple pop-up ads are bothersome as they prevent customers from finding the piece of information they are searching for. Research shows that excessive ads on a website can really make the site untrustworthy and desperate. Having a newsletter sign up and a few advertising on site is okay, but make sure that it is synchronized well with valuable content.
- Poor Navigation: Poor navigation is one of the vital reasons for customers shifting away from your webpage. They should find out what they are looking on your webpage, within a couple of clicks. If visitors have to sift through pages of content, you will definitely lose the chance to earn their trustworthiness. Your website may have the best content, products and services; but if visitors can’t locate them, your website is not doing its job.
- Lacking call to action message: Including a clear call to action message is a must for your visitors. This doesn’t mean that you have to bombard them with several CTA to pursue. If you are having too many CTAs and you would like to make them available, it’s better to create a marketing funnel that may lead to higher conversions. When posting a call to action message, make sure that the message is catchy enough to lure visitor’s attention.
- Unappealing website design: Appearance always matter. This is the reason why it is essential to have an up to date website as that can deliver your company more credibility and would make potential customers feel more confident to deal with you.
- Lack of mobile-friendliness: Today when users prefer browsing net through mobile devices, why your website is lagging behind? Mobile users rejects websites that are not mobile-friendly. If you don’t want to be left behind, upgrade your website to a responsive website design.
According to a report, 47 percent of users expect a web page to load in 2 seconds or less, and 40 percent of users abandon a website that takes more than 5 seconds to load.
The best you can do to solve the issue is run a Google PageSpeed Insights report and GTmetrix performance report for your website. Such free tools are quite helpful as they also give scores and grades.
Having one single navigation menu is okay. Ensure that the menu is responsive and provides users with an amazing navigation experience.
These are a few mistakes that can be avoided to bring back your potential customers. Work on them and resolve your issue so that you can make your visitors happy and get back their trustworthiness. Contact Vglobal a leading web design and development company based in New Jersey.